Process for Becoming a Member at Hertfordshire Speakers Club
This is an easy process that the Vice President Membership (VPM) or Vice President Public Relations (VPPR) will be able to help you with.
How do you start?
- Fill in the membership form MemberAppLatestVersion27-9-12 with your name, address, contact details and the club details: Club Number: 6327, District: 71. You can fill in a hard copy of the form and give this to the VPM or VPPR who will pass it on to the Treasurer or you can go on line and complete the form there and email it directly to our club Treasurer, Jacob Kallergis Email: ( email@example.com ) You will still need to print off a copy of the membership form and give a hard copy to the VPM or VPPR as this is a requirement by Toastmasters International. However, by completing the membership form on line, you speed up the process of completing your membership application.
2. The next step is to pay your membership fee online or at a bank, making your payment to:
HERTFORDSHIRE SPEAKERS CLUB
Account No: 20589438
Sort code: 20-92-54
Please quote your name in the reference section so that it is clear to the Treasurer who has made the payment.
- How much is the membership fee?
The membership fee is £11/month. Membership fee is due every six months membership (Oct-Mar and Apr –Sept) or you can pay £132 for a full year. As a new member you are also required to pay £20 as a one-off payment your manuals
Your payment will include membership of Toastmasters International; a monthly magazine; your first 2 booklets; meeting room costs and the chance to speak and have fun.
If you join later in the year, you will be charged a pro-rata amount.
Example: A guest wishing to apply for membership at the start of June will pay
4 (Months) x £11 = £44 plus £20 (for manuals) = £64
- The Treasurer will process the payments with World Headquarters and inform the VPM, VPE and VPPR when the transaction has been completed.
- The VPM introduces the new member at the next Club meeting
- The Mentoring Officer will assign the new member a mentor and they can discuss how soon the new member is ready to take on a role or do a speech.
Other Useful Links
East Herts Speakers
Meeting Dates Every First and Third Tuesday of the Month
Salisbury Arms Hotel
Fore St, Hertford SG14 1BZ, United Kingdom
North Herts Speakers
Meeting Dates Every first & third Wednesdays of the Month
Sun Hotel Hitchin
West Herts Speakers
Meeting Dates: Second and fourth Wednesday of each month
Meets every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the Month